Is Agriculture Competitive in Unilorin?
Many aspirants of the University of Ilorin usually have many questions as the school offers a large variety of course spread across various faculties.
Candidates who wish to study Agriculture in Unilorin ask questions such as:
What is the cut off mark for Agriculture in University of Ilorin? What are the JAMB subject for Agriculture? Is maths compulsory for Agriculture? Can I study Agriculture in UNILORIN?
Can I study Agriculture without mathematics? Is Agriculture a competitive course? Who can study Agriculture? Which university can I study Agriculture in Nigeria?
What are the requirements to study Agriculture? Does Unilorin accept two sittings for Agriculture?
What are the requirements to study Agriculture in the University of Ilorin?
These are some of the questions we will be answering in this post so if you wish to study Agriculture in Unilorin read carefully through this post.
If you have been looking for the requirements to study Agriculture in Unilorin or Jamb combination for Agriculture, this article is also for you.
Does Unilorin offer Agriculture?
Yes. The University of Ilorin offers Agriculture as a course. So many candidates (Almost a thousand sometimes) are admitted into the faculty of Agriculture in the University of Ilorin every year.
We shall proceed to the requirements to study Agriculture in Unilorin.
What are the requirements to study Agriculture in Unilorin?
Requirements to Study Agriculture in Unilorin (UTME)
The list below shows the requirements to study Agriculture in Unilorin for UTME candidates.
- Five credit passes are required for Olevel in either WAEC or NECO or both in no more than two sittings. Mathematics and English must be present.
- You must be close to or up to sixteen years old at the time of admission.
- You must cross the JAMB cutoff for Agriculture in Unilorin
- Relevant Olevel courses must be present in your combination and JAMB combination must be correct.
- You must cross the aggregatye cutoff mark for Agriculture in Unilorin (If a Post UTME is conducted).
Requirements to Study Agriculture in Unilorin (Direct Entry)
The list below shows the requirements to study Agriculture in Unilorin for DE candidates.
- Five credit passes in relevant subjects must be present in your Olevel results in a maximum of two sittings.
- For candidates who are degree graduates, a first-class or second class upper degree is required in related courses.
- Candidates must register through JAMB and also register for Post UTME.
- For NCE and ND candidates, a minimum of Merit pass is required before they are eligible for admission.
What is the Cutoff Mark for Agriculture in Unilorin?
The cutoff for Agriculture in Unilorin is 200. However, candidates who score around this mark usually are not offered admission for Agriculture.
To have better chances at admission, candidates are advised to score above 210 and have a good Olevel and post UTME result.
Unilorin Subject Combination for Agriculture
What are the JAMB subjects for Agriculture in Unilorin? The subject combination for Agriculture in the University of Ilorin is as follows:
- Use of English
Does Unilorin accept two sittings for Agriculture?
Yes. The University of Ilorin accepts two sittings for Agriculture.
How many years is Agriculture in Unilorin?
Agriculture in Unilorin lasts four years and a compulsory additional year for practical.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Is Agriculture Competitive in Unilorin?
Yes. Agriculture is a competitive course and you must pass the cutoff mark to have good chances at admission.
Which university can I study Agriculture in Nigeria?
Here are some of the best Universities to study Agriculture in Nigeria:
- University of Ilorin, Kwara State
- University of Lagos
- University of Jos (JOS)
- Federal University Oye-Ekiti (Fuoye)
- Ekiti State University
- Afe Babalola University
What Faculty is Agriculture in Unilorin?
Agriculture in Unilorin is under the Faculty of Agricultural Sciences and is one of the courses with the highest number of students in the University of Ilorin.