Is Fishery Competitive in Unilorin?
Many aspirants of the University of Ilorin usually have many questions as the school offers a large variety of course spread across various faculties. Candidates who wish to study Fishery in Unilorin ask questions such as:
What is the cut off mark for Fishery in University of Ilorin? What are the JAMB subjects for Fishery? Is maths compulsory for Fishery? Can I study Fishery in UNILORIN?
Can I study Fishery without mathematics? Is Fishery a competitive course? Who can study Fishery? Which university can I study Fishery in Nigeria?
What are the requirements to study Fishery? Does Unilorin accept two sittings for Fishery?
What are the requirements to study Fishery in the University of Ilorin?
These are some of the questions we will be answering in this post so if you wish to study Fishery in Unilorin read carefully through this post.
If you have been looking for the requirements to study Fishery in Unilorin or Jamb combination for Fishery, this article is also for you.
Does Unilorin offer Fishery?
Yes. The University of Ilorin offers Fishery as a course. So many candidates (Almost a thousand sometimes) are admitted into the faculty of Fishery in the University of Ilorin every year. We shall proceed to the requirements to study Fishery in Unilorin.
What are the requirements to study Fishery in Unilorin?
Requirements to Study Fishery in Unilorin (UTME)
The list below shows the requirements to study Fishery in Unilorin for UTME candidates.
- Five credit passes are required for Olevel in either WAEC or NECO or both in no more than two sittings. Mathematics and English must be present.
- You must be close to or up to sixteen years old at the time of admission.
- You must cross the JAMB cutoff for Fishery in Unilorin
- Relevant Olevel courses must be present in your combination and JAMB combination must be correct.
- You must cross the aggregate cutoff mark for Fishery in Unilorin (If a Post UTME is conducted).
Requirements to Study Fishery in Unilorin (Direct Entry)
The list below shows the requirements to study Fishery in Unilorin for DE candidates.
- Five credit passes in relevant subjects must be present in your Olevel results in a maximum of two sittings.
- For candidates who are degree graduates, a first-class or second class upper degree is required in related courses.
- Candidates must register through JAMB and also register for Post UTME.
- For NCE and ND candidates, a minimum of Merit pass is required before they are eligible for admission.
What is the JAMB Cutoff Mark for Fishery in Unilorin?
The cutoff for Fishery in Unilorin is 180. However, candidates who score around this mark usually are not offered admission for Fishery.
To have better chances at admission, candidates are advised to score above 210 and have a good Olevel and post UTME result.
Unilorin Subject Combination for Fishery
What are the JAMB subjects for Fishery in Unilorin? The subject combination for Fishery in the University of Ilorin is as follows:
- Use of English
Does Unilorin accept two sittings for Fishery?
Yes. The University of Ilorin accepts two sittings for Fishery.
How many years is Fishery in Unilorin?
Fishery in Unilorin lasts four years and a compulsory additional year for practicals, making a total of five years.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Is Fishery Competitive in Unilorin?
Yes. Fishery is a competitive course and you must pass the cutoff mark to have good chances at admission.
Which university can I study Fishery in Nigeria?
Here are some of the best Universities to study Fishery in Nigeria:
- University of Ilorin, Kwara State
- University of Lagos
- University of Jos (JOS)
- Federal University Oye-Ekiti (Fuoye)
- Ekiti State University
- Afe Babalola University
What Faculty is Fishery in Unilorin?
Fishery in Unilorin is under the Faculty of Agricultural Sciences and is one of the courses with the highest number of students in the University of Ilorin.
Abdulrahman Buhari is a seasoned website content writer renowned for his profound expertise in Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Over the span of his career, he has masterfully crafted over 2,000 blog articles across a variety of websites, solidifying his place as a respected figure in content optimization. Abdulrahman is currently studying as a Pharm D. student at the University of Ilorin, Nigeria. Beyond his academic endeavors, he exhibits a genuine passion for crafting content tailored to satisfy the search intent of Google users. Hailing from the Nupe tribe, Abdulrahman has honed his skills in SEO for half a decade, consistently delivering excellence.