Cutoff Mark Chemistry in UNILORIN 2023
Is Chemistry Competitive in Unilorin?
Many aspirants of the University of Ilorin usually have many questions as the school offers a large variety of course spread across various faculties. Candidates who wish to study Chemistry in Unilorin ask questions such as:
What is the cut off mark for Chemistry in University of Ilorin? What are the JAMB subject for Chemistry? Is maths compulsory for Chemistry? Can I study Chemistry in UNILORIN?
Can I study Chemistry without mathematics? Is Chemistry a competitive course? Who can study Chemistry? Which university can I study Chemistry in Nigeria?
What are the requirements to study Chemistry? Does Unilorin accept two sittings for Chemistry?
What are the requirements to study Chemistry in the University of Ilorin?
These are some of the questions we will be answering in this post so if you wish to study Chemistry in Unilorin read carefully through this post.
If you have been looking for the requirements to study Chemistry in Unilorin or Jamb combination for Chemistry, this article is also for you.
Does Unilorin offer Chemistry?
Yes. The University of Ilorin offers Chemistry as a course. Hundreds of candidates are admitted to study Chemistry in the University of Ilorin every year. We shall proceed to the requirements to study Chemistry in Unilorin.
What are the requirements to study Chemistry in Unilorin?
Requirements to Study Chemistry in Unilorin (UTME)
The list below shows the requirements to study Chemistry in Unilorin for UTME candidates.
- Five credit passes are required for Olevel in either WAEC or NECO or both in no more than two sittings. Mathematics and English must be present.
- You must be close to or up to sixteen years old at the time of admission.
- You must cross the JAMB cutoff for Chemistry in Unilorin
- Relevant Olevel courses must be present in your combination and JAMB combination must be correct.
- You must cross the aggregatye cutoff mark for Chemistry in Unilorin (If a Post UTME is conducted).
Requirements to Study Chemistry in Unilorin (Direct Entry)
The list below shows the requirements to study Chemistry in Unilorin for DE candidates.
- Five credit passes in relevant subjects must be present in your Olevel results in a maximum of two sittings.
- For candidates who are degree graduates, a first-class or second class upper degree is required in related courses.
- Candidates must register through JAMB and also register for Post UTME.
- For NCE and ND candidates, a minimum of Merit pass is required before they are eligible for admission.
What is the Cutoff Mark for Chemistry in Unilorin?
The cutoff for Chemistry in Unilorin is 180. However, candidates who score around this mark usually are not offered admission for Chemistry.
To have better chances at admission, candidates are advised to score above 200 and have a good Olevel and post UTME result.
Unilorin Subject Combination for Chemistry
What are the JAMB subjects for Chemistry in Unilorin? The subject combination for Chemistry in the University of Ilorin is as follows:
- Use of English
Does Unilorin accept two sittings for Chemistry?
Yes. The University of Ilorin accepts two sittings for Chemistry.
How many years is Chemistry in Unilorin?
Chemistry in Unilorin lasts four years if there are no interruptions.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Is Chemistry Competitive in Unilorin?
Yes. Chemistry is a competitive course and you must pass the cutoff mark to have good chances at admission.
Which university can I study Chemistry in Nigeria?
Here are some of the best Universities to study Chemistry in Nigeria:
- University of Ilorin, Kwara State
- University of Lagos
- University of Jos (JOS)
- Lagos State University
- Federal University Oye-Ekiti (Fuoye)
- Adekunle Ajasin University
- Achievers University
- Chrisland University
What Faculty is Chemistry in Unilorin?
Chemistry in Unilorin is under the Faculty of Physical Sciences and is one of the prominent courses in the faculty of Physical sciences alongside Physics.