How to study Pharmacy in UNILORIN?
Getting admission in Unilorin requires that you meet certain requirements and excellently cross the cut-off marks.
Many aspirants of Pharmacy in Unilorin have always been asking questions like: What is the cut-off mark for Pharmacy in Unilorin? Which faculty is Pharmacy in Unilorin? What is the Unilorin subject combination for Pharmacy? What is Unilorin Pharmacy school fee? What is the cut-off mark for Pharmacy in Unilorin? Does UNILORIN accept two sittings for Pharmacy? What are the requirements to study Pharmacy in University of Ilorin?
There are even weird questions like, Does UNILORIN offer Pharmacy?
All these questions and others you may have about studying Pharmacy in Unilorin will be answered.
We will be taking everything step by step.
Does Unilorin Offer Pharmacy?
Yes. The University of Ilorin offers Pharmacy. Since this is clear, I will explain the requirements to study Pharmacy in Unilorin. Note that Pharmacy is as competitive as Medicine in the University of Ilorin.
How to Study Pharmacy in Unilorin
The first thing you need to do when trying to gain admission for Pharmacy is Unilorin is to understand the requirements. Arranged in their order, here are the things to do when trying to get admission for Pharmacy in Unilorin:
- Understand the Requirements
- Score excellent marks
- Apply for Post UTME screening
- Understand how the JAMB Caps Works
What are the Requirements for Pharmacy in Unilorin? (UTME)
You must have the required JAMB and Olevel subject combinations to be eligible for Unilorin admission for Pharmacy.What are the subject required for Pharmacy in JAMB?
JAMB Requirements for Pharmacy in Unilorin
- English Language
Olevel Combination for Pharmacy in Unilorin
- English Language
Above are the important subjects that must be present in your Olevel in order to be eligible for Pharmacy admission in Unilorin.
While registering for your Olevel and JAMB exams, make sure to include these subjects if you wish to study Pharmacy in Unilorin.
Cut-off Mark for Pharmacy in Unilorin
The JAMB cut-off mark for Pharmacy in Unilorin is 250. However, if a POST UTME is carried out, you can score less than 250 and secure admission for Pharmacy in Unilorin.
This is because all you need to do is cross the overall screening cutoff for Pharmacy which is 65% for Pharmacy.
The aggregate screening mark is determined using Olevel result, JAMB score and Post UTME score.
What are the Requirements for Pharmacy in Unilorin? (Direct Entry)
Does Unilorin accept Direct Entry for Pharmacy? Yes. You can go to 200L using Direct Entry for Pharmacy in Unilorin.
Here are the requirements for Direct Entry candidates in Unilorin:
- Five Credits in Olevel with a maximum of two sittings.
- Candidates must have credit passes in two Advanced Level subjects related to their choice of course.
- For candidates who wish to use degrees, a First class or Second class upper grade is required.
- For NCE and ND candidates, minimum of Merit passes are allowed for direct entry into Pharmacy in Unilorin.
Unilorin Post UTME
Many Unilorin candidates always wish for an admission process without Post UTME but you have a higher chance of getting the course you applied for when it is conducted.
What do you need to know about Unilorin Post UTME?
Unilorin Post UTME is set from English Language, Mathematics and general knowledge.
There are fifty questions, and you may get forty from English Language and the rest from Maths and General Knowledge.
The last Post UTME exam in Unilorin was graded over thirty and many candidates scored below twenty.
How to Check Unilorin Portal and JAMB Caps
Some candidates do not understand how to check their admission portal and this sometimes hinders them from accepting their admission on time.
How to check JAMB Caps
Follow this process to check your JAMB Caps and see if you have been offered admission in Unilorin:
The easiest way to do this is through the JAMB Caps application.
- Visit the Google Play store.
- Use the search tab and type “Jamb Caps”
- Download and install the application.
- Launch it and fill in your details.
- You can now check your Jamb caps by opening the app.
Here is how you can check your Unilorin portal:
Note that you can only check your Unilorin portal if you applied for the Post UTME screening.
How to Check Unilorin Portal
- Open Chrome or a trusted browser
- Type “Unilorin PUTME Portal” and click in the first page that is displayed in search results.
- Login to you portal using your JAMB registration number and Surname.
- Use the left side to see if your admission is reflecting on your portal.
Apart from all the factors mentioned above, there are other requirements.
I will be summarising them.
Here are all requirements to study Pharmacy in Unilorin
- Correct JAMB Subjects Combination (Explained above)
- You must already be age sixteen or very close to at the time of admission.
- You must score higher than the cutoff mark for Pharmacy in Unilorin to guarantee better chances at admission.
- Correct Olevel subjects combination is also required.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
How much is University of Ilorin school fees for Pharmacy?
The school fees for Pharmacy in Unilorin 100L is 54,000 naira excluding little charges. The school fee decreases drastically as you progress in levels.
Does UNILORIN accept direct entry for Pharmacy?
Yes. The University of Ilorin accepts DE applicants to 200L for Pharmacy.
What Faculty is Pharmacy in Unilorin?
The department of Pharmacy is in the faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences in the University of Ilorin.
How many years does it take to study Pharmacy in UNILORIN?
Pharmacy in Unilorin takes six years to study for UTME candidates. The course lasts five years for DE candidates. The degree awarded to Pharmacy students in Unilorin upon graduation is Pharm D. (Doctor of Pharmacy).