Cutoff Mark for Optometry in Unilorin 2023
Is Optometry Competitive in Unilorin?
Requirements to Study Optometry in Unilorin
Many aspirants of the University of Ilorin usually have many questions as the school offers a large variety of course spread across various faculties. Candidates who wish to study Optometry in Unilorin ask questions such as:
What is the cut off mark for Optometry in University of Ilorin? What are the JAMB subject for Optometry? Is maths compulsory for Optometry? Can I study Optometry in UNILORIN?
Can I study Optometry without mathematics? Is Optometry a competitive course? Who can study Optometry? Which university can I study Optometry in Nigeria?
What are the requirements to study Optometry? Does Unilorin accept two sittings for Optometry?
What are the requirements to study Optometry in the University of Ilorin?
These are some of the questions we will be answering in this post so if you wish to study Optometry in Unilorin read carefully through this post.
If you have been looking for the requirements to study Optometry in Unilorin or Jamb combination for Optometry, this article is also for you.
Does Unilorin offer Optometry?
Yes. The University of Ilorin offers Optometry as a course. Hundreds of candidates are admitted to study Optometry in the University of Ilorin every year. We shall proceed to the requirements to study Optometry in Unilorin.
What are the requirements to study Optometry in Unilorin?
Requirements to Study Optometry in Unilorin (UTME)
The list below shows the requirements to study Optometry in Unilorin for UTME candidates.
- Five credit passes are required for Olevel in either WAEC or NECO or both in no more than two sittings. Mathematics and English must be present.
- You must be close to or up to sixteen years old at the time of admission.
- You must cross the JAMB cutoff for Optometry in Unilorin
- Relevant Olevel courses must be present in your combination and JAMB combination must be correct.
- You must cross the aggregatye cutoff mark for Optometry in Unilorin (If a Post UTME is conducted).
Requirements to Study Optometry in Unilorin (Direct Entry)
The list below shows the requirements to study Optometry in Unilorin for DE candidates.
- Five credit passes in relevant subjects must be present in your Olevel results in a maximum of two sittings.
- For candidates who are degree graduates, a first-class or second class upper degree is required in related courses.
- Candidates must register through JAMB and also register for Post UTME.
- For NCE and ND candidates, a minimum of Merit pass is required before they are eligible for admission.
What is the Cutoff Mark for Optometry in Unilorin?
The cutoff for Crimiology in Unilorin is 220. However, candidates who score around this mark usually are not offered admission for Optometry.
To have better chances at admission, candidates are advised to score above 230 and have a good Olevel and post UTME result.
Unilorin Subject Combination for Optometry
What are the JAMB subjects for Optometry in Unilorin? The subject combination for Optometry in the University of Ilorin is as follows:
- Use of English
Does Unilorin accept two sittings for Optometry?
Yes. The University of Ilorin accepts two sittings for Optometry.
How many years is Optometry in Unilorin?
Optometry in Unilorin lasts four years if there are no interruptions.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Is Optometry Competitive in Unilorin?
Yes. Optometry is a competitive course and you must pass the cutoff mark to have good chances at admission.
Which university can I study Optometry in Nigeria?
Here are some of the best Universities to study Optometry in Nigeria:
- University of Ilorin, Kwara State
- University of Lagos
- University of Jos (JOS)
- Lagos State University
- Federal University Oye-Ekiti (Fuoye)
- Adekunle Ajasin University
- Achievers University
- Chrisland University
What Faculty is Optometry in Unilorin?
Optometry in Unilorin is under the Faculty of Life Sciences and is the prominent course in the faculty of life sciences alongside Biochemistry, Microbiology and Plant Biology.